Last updated: May 11, 2020
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
We collect and maintain personal and non-personal information about you. These include mainly the following:
- For all Registered Users, you will be requested to fill in general personal information such as your full name, email address, phone number, account’s password and profile picture in case you uploaded any. As a Client, you will be asked for additional information such as a description of your title and work; sector of interest in the food industry; and name and contact details of your company (if applicable). As an expert, you will be asked for additional information, added to the general personal information, as part of our background checking. These information include, among others, Gender; date of birth; education and experience details; experience in projects related to the food industry; experience in food safety systems. In addition, you will be asked to upload a CV, a cover letter and the educational and professional certifications.
- Financial information: credit card details, bank account details, wire transfer details, payment processor details.
- User Generated Content: request for proposal, offers, proposals, project descriptions and attachments, user profiles, user reviews, user messages and other communication that are to take place between users or between us and users on the Site.
- Activity information: we collect information regarding your login to our Site, date and time of your use of our Site, the interactions you have with our Site such as which page you viewed or which button you clicked, error report information and other information about your use of our Site.
Links to Other Websites:
FoodSight may provide the ability to access other websites, devices, features, products, and services that operate independently from our Site and services and may have their own privacy notices or policies that we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content of the content of these as long as they are NOT owned or operated by this Site.
USE OF INFORMATION:
When you use our services, the personal information and content you share is visible to other registered users with whom you enter into a Service Agreement. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances.
FoodSight will use the collected information to do the following:
- To identify and authenticate you so you may use some of our features or services;
- To notify visitors and users about important updates to our services;
- To respond to your request, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- To evaluate and improve our Site, business and services and to develop new products and services and to improve our users’ journey and satisfaction;
- To provide more relevant results through the customization service based on your browsing history;
- To provide you with special offers and other information about related events, new regulations and additions to our library;
- To share with third parties for analytics purposes;
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of our Site, any of our users, clients and experts; or
- to provide technical or other support to you.
We may also merge the personal information you provide with information that we obtain from other sources or that already exists in our records for the purposes above-descried. Any use of your personal information for purposes other than these will require your consent.
FoodSight will not sell your information. We value your privacy and trust. We will protect the information you provide us with. Nevertheless, we might share this information in certain circumstances with third parties to enhance or allow our services such as: (i) if necessary to provide the service you have requested; (ii) if we receive court orders or other requests for information by law enforcement; or (iii) if otherwise permitted or required by law.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. Unless an exception applies, we must allow you to see the personal information we hold about you, within a reasonable time period, and without unreasonable expense for no charge. You also have the right to request the correction of the personal information we hold about you. All your personal information can be updated through the user settings pages. If you require assistance please contact us on our Site.
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
We may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of FoodSight, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact us electrically by sending a message on our Site or an email on firstname.lastname@example.org